This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #ToraniSauceObsession #CollectiveBias
This decadent and rich Raspberry Mocha hits all the right notes – deeply chocolaty and rich, slightly sweet from raspberries and topped with cool whipped cream. Make your own coffeehouse favorite at home for a fraction of the cost.
I think chocolate is in my DNA. I love chocolate in all its forms. As I get older, I find more and more ways to appreciate its delightfully delicious taste. I’ve gone from enjoying it in your typical desserts (like these healthier chocolate chip cookies) to adding it to breakfast dishes (like Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Overnight Oats). I’ve even tried chocolate covered bacon once! And now, I’m adding chocolate to my coffee.
It’s no secret I like my coffee. However, I think that life is too short to drink just any old regular coffee. It’s so nice to sit down and truly enjoy an iced caramel macchiato or slowly sip a cinnamon sugar latte. Specialty coffee drinks are usually my drink of choice when I go out to meet an old friend over coffee, so sometimes my coffee drinks are tied to good memories, too.
What is a mocha?
Are you familiar with the goodness that is a mocha? It’s espresso mixed with steamed milk mixed with deliciously decadent chocolate sauce and topped with whipped cream. Basically, my own personal dream come true in a cup.
For this Raspberry Mocha recipe, I picked up a few of the ingredients at our local Walmart. The Torani Dark Chocolate Sauce, White Chocolate Sauce and Caramel Sauce were just waiting to be picked up conveniently from the aisle that has coffee and teas. Did you know Torani has been known for their authentic coffeehouse flavor for over 90 years? I am a big fan of their syrups, but this was the first time I’ve ever used their sauces!
While perusing the aisles in Walmart, I grabbed a bottle of Dark Chocolate Sauce and White Chocolate Sauce because chocolate = ❤️ and you can totally make a white chocolate mocha instead of a regular mocha if dark chocolate just isn’t your thing. Bonus points: Torani sauces are made with real, simple ingredients like pure cane sugar and natural flavors. I love that!
I love that the Torani brand is a 3rd generation business and that they have been crafting amazing cafe-style drinks in the industry for over 90 years. They have been creating delicious coffee house drinks for almost a century! That is some lasting power, right there.
Did you know that there’s currently a promo running (10/29/2018 – 12/31/2018, or while supplies last) at Walmart and Meijer stores where you can buy one Torani Sauce and get the next one free?!? Get ready to make all the fancy coffee drinks, decorate cheesecakes and drizzle on top of ice cream!!
To redeem the offer:
- Visit your local Walmart store
- Buy 2 Torani sauces (choose from Caramel, Dark Chocolate or White Chocolate flavors)
- Take a picture of your receipt and enter the rebate experience to upload your photo.
- Once your receipt is verified, you’ll receive your money back on the second bottle! Woohoo!
If you’re as excited as I am to get two bottles of Torani sauce for the price of one, I hope you’re also excited for the recipe of one of my recent coffee drink obsessions. THE MOCHA!
A mocha is a delicious caffeinated beverage that combines rich chocolaty goodness of a chocolate sauce with bitter espresso and steamed milk and is then topped with whipped cream and another delicious drizzle of chocolate sauce.
This Raspberry Mocha adds a little raspberry flavor to the mocha drink itself as well as some raspberry powder to the whipped cream topping for an extra dash of flavor and color. I had a Raspberry Mocha once from a coffeehouse when they were out of the cherry flavor for a Cherry Mocha and I was surprised at how much I enjoyed the Raspberry Mocha flavor!
Get ready to cure all of your chocolate cravings with this decadent and rich Torani Dark Chocolate Sauce. Mixed in with the steamed milk for the Raspberry Mocha, this stuff is absolutely divine.
What if I don’t like dark chocolate mochas?
Are you not the biggest fan of regular dark chocolate? If so, Torani has a White Chocolate Sauce that I think would make an amazing white chocolate mocha (or a raspberry white mocha!!). Traditionally, white chocolate has a creamy white chocolate taste about it without the slight bitterness and deep flavoring that a dark chocolate would.
I could not stop sipping this Raspberry Mocha and was rather upset when I was finished drinking it. Are mochas on trend now? Because I definitely think they should be! I can’t think of a coffee drink cozier than this Raspberry Mocha.
What you’ll need to make a Raspberry Mocha:
- Torani Dark Chocolate Sauce
- Freeze dried raspberries
- Whipped cream
Did you know you can shop directly from the list below? Even though I was in and out of the store in record time finding the ingredients for this recipe, I’m not sure anything could be more convenient than shopping from your computer! 🙂 (Trust me, I do my holiday shopping exclusively from my laptop and it is such a sanity saver.)
Did you make this Raspberry Mocha? Let me know in the comments!
- 3 tbsp Torani Dark Chocolate Sauce
- 2 shots espresso or strongly brewed coffe
- 2/3 cup milk I used 1%
- 1 tsp freeze dried raspberries ground into powder
- 1 dollop whipped cream
- Squeeze Torani Dark Chocolate Sauce into a medium sized coffee mug. You can pool the chocolate sauce at the bottom of the cup or decorate the mug with a fancy drizzle.
- Brew two shots of espresso into the mug with chocolate sauce. (I have an espresso machine and use the pods that are compatible with my specific brand of machine. If you don’t have an espresso machine, preparing instant espresso according to the package’s instructions work in a pinch. If you prefer to not use espresso, very strongly concentrated brewed coffee could be used in place of espresso.)
- If using freeze dried raspberries, pulse them into a fine powder by using a food processor or blender with a milling blade.
- In a separate mug or glass, either steam milk or heat and froth milk. My favorite milk frother/warmer can be found here. (If you do not have a milk frother, I have had success with warming a small amount of milk and pulsing it in a single serve blender to mimic the bubbles of a foamy coffee house drink.)
- Add steamed milk to the mug.
- Add raspberry powder to the espresso, milk and chocolate. Stir to combine all ingredients.
- Top with whipped cream and a sprinkling of raspberry powder. Enjoy!