You’ll enjoy all the warm and cozy flavors of cinnamon and sugar in this Cinnamon Sugar Latte. Make it at home for a fraction of the price of a coffeehouse latte!
There are a few flavors that I think are acceptable year-round and not just during certain seasons of the year. Flavors that are seasonal (at least in my opinion) are:
For coffee drinks or coffee creamers, the rest of the flavors don’t scream “seasonal” for me. Things like hazelnut, vanilla, caramel, mocha even coconut…those are flavors that are good year-round. Caramel macchiatos and caramel lattes are my all-the-time and anytime coffee drink of choice.
So here’s where I’m going with this. Although I will usually only make Snickerdoodle Cookies during the winter month holidays, I think that the flavors of a cinnamon and sugar latte are acceptable any time of year. And so it was born in my kitchen, the Cinnamon Sugar Latte.
So I used to make my stronger coffee drinks with really strong coffee and frothed milk, as seen in my No-Espresso Machine Caramel Latte post. But since I got my Nespresso and Aeroccino Milk Frother my coffee life hasn’t been the same since!
My favorite pods for the Vertuoline machine I own are these Altissio Espresso capsules, followed up by a close second of these Diavolitto capsules and I do like to keep regular coffee capsules on hand and really liked the Nespresso Vertuoline Best Seller Assortment. For those of you that are familiar with the Nespresso pod flavors, those are Stormio, Odacio and Melozio.
Now, this post is #NotSponsored, but I seriously love my Nespresso machine. It has revolutionized the way I make special coffee drinks. The espresso capsules are so smooth and the milk frother is the best thing since sliced bread. This lovely little Aeroccino milk frother shown below can do hot OR cold milk frothing and I love it both ways!
What Do I Need to Make a Cinnamon Sugar Latte at Home?
The base of this latte is so simple! Here’s what we’re working with:
- Espresso (or strongly brewed coffee)
- Lightly frothed and warmed milk (whatever kind is your favorite)
- Just a little bit of foam from the frothy heated milk
- Your favorite sweetener (e.g. simple syrup, regular granulated sugar, stevia, Splenda…etc)
How to Make the Best Cinnamon Sugar Latte
- I usually start by prepping my coffee station. My favorite mug, sweetener of choice and any syrups or sauces that’ll go on the mug happen first. For this Cinnamon Sugar Latte, I would start with just a bit of sweetener in the bottom of your mug, if you take your lattes a little sweeter. I like a little bit of stevia in mine.
- Brew your espresso or make your strong and concentrated coffee straight into your mug.
- While the espresso is brewing, froth the milk. The Aeroccino has a hot froth setting where you short press the button once and it turns red for a hot froth, and if you hold it for 3 seconds it’ll do a cold froth. Hot froth for this Cinnamon Sugar Latte, please and thank you.
- Once the espresso has been brewed into your mug, grab a spoon to hold back some of the foam and pour hot milk into the espresso.
- Top with an acceptable amount of foam (I love all the foam)
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar.
What’s your favorite coffee drink? Do you prefer to go out or make it at home for yourself?
Cinnamon Sugar Latte
- 1 ounce espresso
- 2/3 cup skim milk
- 1 tsp granulated sugar
- 1/8 tsp ground cinnamon
- Brew 1 ounce of espresso coffee into a medium sized mug.
- Froth milk in milk frother. Alternatively, heat milk in a mug and use a manual frother, or heat milk in a mug and pulse quickly in a blender for frothy milk.
- Pour milk over brewed espresso. Spoon fluffy foamed milk over top of latte.
- Sprinkle cinnamon and sugar over top of frothed milk.
What’s your coffee order when you go out? I’d love to explore and try new coffee drinks!