French Toast Casserole is the perfect breakfast or brunch to feed a crowd! Slice this subtly sweet and flavorful breakfast casserole and serve with powdered sugar and maple syrup.
Brunch has a way about it - you can choose a sweet or savory dish and (if you’re friends with the right people) nobody will judge you if you’re always a sweet bruncher or savory bruncher. It might come to no surprise that I am indeed a sweet brunch person. 9/10 times I will choose pancakes, waffles, french toast, muffins or a pastry over eggs, sausage, bacon or a breakfast sandwich.
That being said, I do love the occasional breakfast skillet or (when I have a spare hour or so to be a fancy pants) a nice plate of eggs benedict. But more often than not, you’ll find me with something sweet, served with a side of warm syrup. I was looking for a way to make a breakfast/brunch food that didn’t involve making each person their own serving, one bit at a time. Thus, the French Toast Casserole was born.
French toast casserole is as easy as it sounds. Combine cubed bread (I’m almost ashamed to say I used cubed hot dog buns because we had so many left over from Costco! Shame, shame, I know your name...) with a simple custard base of milk/half and half, eggs, and a touch of vanilla and then sprinkle with some cinnamon and brown sugar - oh my goodness! It’s so darn easy to make. I assembled all of the parts in my casserole dish that can be used on the stovetop or in the oven (I won this pan on Karly’s giveaway on her Instagram!) and put the pan straight in the oven.
Easy peasy ingredients! You probably have most of these at home right now.
Give all those tasty ingredients a good whisk.
Pour over the bread cubes!
This French Toast Casserole is perfect for holidays, weekend brunching with your family or potluck parties! It comes together in a cinch and feeds a crowd with ease.
If you’re looking for a delicious sweet brunch dish, look no further than the French Toast Casserole! Slice into individual portions and serve with powdered sugar and maple syrup.
- ½ cup half and half
- 1 cup milk
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 8 hamburger rolls, cubed, feel free to use your favorite bread product
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Grease a casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Cut bread into small cubes.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine half and half, milk, eggs, vanilla extract and cinnamon. Whisk to combine.
- Add cubed bread to the casserole dish. Evenly pour the milk and egg mixture over the bread. Stir slightly to combine, making sure all pieces of bread have been coated.
- Sprinkle brown sugar over top of bread cubes.
- Bake casserole uncovered for 35 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool before slicing. Enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 205Unsaturated Fat: 0g