Sky high Peanut Butter, Banana and Oatmeal Muffins with chocolate and peanut butter chips scattered throughout the batter. This one bowl, no mixer required recipe makes delicious muffins in record time!
I had such a hard time finding a suitable title for these muffins. They could alternatively be titled “Peanut Butter, Banana, and Oatmeal Muffins with Chocolate Chips and Peanut Butter Chips” but that just seemed like a ridiculous title. I think you guys might be able to pick up what I’m putting down. Deliciously satisfying and slightly sweet muffins are what I’m putting down. You are welcome 🙂
When I was trying to decide what flavor of muffin I needed to have for breakfast, I cracked open the pantry and picked out all my favorite flavors for breakfast foods. Peanut butter was obviously a top choice (as usual), and chocolate chips with the peanut butter was hardly a decision as much as it was a requirement. Oatmeal and banana seemed important for health so they found their way into the recipe too. In the end, these tasty Peanut Butter, Banana and Oatmeal Muffins were born.
If you were wondering, these peanut butter, banana and oatmeal muffins really hit the spot when I sliced one open. I am a notorious sweets lover, but these were only slightly sweetened and I thought they were perfect. If you have the time, slice into one of these beauties while they’re still freshly warm out of the oven. You won’t regret your decision!
These Peanut Butter, Banana and Oatmeal Muffins are perfect for whipping up over the weekend and storing the extras away for later in the week. I left these muffins in a zipped baggie on the counter for about 5 days before the texture of the muffin was no longer as delicious as it should be. If you prefer your muffins warmed or toasted, pop one in the microwave or toaster oven for a bit and then pop it directly into your mouth. ← Just kidding, please let it cool down first so you don’t burn your face!
If you’re having a flavor dilemma, these muffins are perfect because they satisfy every craving all in one handheld little breakfast puff. Plus, how can you say no to these fluffy muffin tops? I know I can’t say no!
For this recipe, I used these Wilton 12-cup muffin pans from Amazon (affiliate link).
Recipe inspiration from Better Homes and Gardens 16th Edition Cookbook. (also an affiliate link. If you choose to click on my affiliate links and make a purchase, I earn a small commission at no extra cost to you – think of it as a friend being rewarded for making a good recommendation. Thank you for supporting this blog!)
Peanut Butter, Banana and Oatmeal Muffins
- 1 ½ cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup brown sugar tightly packed
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 3/4 cups mashed banana about 1 medium sized banana
- 3/4 cups milk
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips I used a chocolate chip and peanut butter chip mixture
- Preheat oven to 400F. Grease 12 muffin cups, set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine eggs, banana, milk, oil and peanut butter. Whisk to combine.
- Stir in flour, oats, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Batter can be lumpy. Fold in chocolate chips after batter has been mixed.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups, filling each ½ to ⅔ full. If desired, sprinkle chocolate chips on top.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden. Cool in muffin cups on a wire rack for 5 minutes before removing muffin cups from pan. For best results, serve warm.
Looking for more muffins? I have you covered!