Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Dip – made entirely in the slow cooker! No need to take it out to shred the chicken with a nifty little shredding hack that doesn’t hurt your hands!
Now, I don’t want to brag, but I think this version of buffalo chicken dip is better than all the rest of the buffalo chicken dip recipes out there. It’s mostly because you can have this deliciously spicy dip ready from start to finish in about 3 hours and you only have to dirty one big dish (your slow cooker).
I’m a big fan of as few dishes as possible (mostly because I don’t like doing them and therefore ask my husband to do them since I always do all the cooking. Cooking this dip in your slow cooker eliminates the hassle that usually comes with game day snacks. No chicken wing pieces to separate, no grease to clean up, no waiting hours on end for the skin to crisp up (only to miss that window where they’re perfect only to end up with slightly charred chicken wings – I digress.)
This buffalo chicken dip is the perfect dish to bring to potlucks or parties. For the most part, it’s very hands off and only calls for 4 ingredients! I love setting my slow cooker and then going about my day before a party. Nothing is better than being able to cook and multitask at the same time.
If you’re a buffalo chicken fanatic, I know you’re going to love this dip. The running joke between me and my friends is that football season is only good because of the buffalo chicken dip. Test this simple recipe out and let me know what you think!
Be sure to check out the recipe video I posted on the Citrus and Delicious Facebook page & follow Citrus and Delicious on Facebook! 💕
Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Dip
- 3.5 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup buffalo sauce we used garlic buffalo
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 5 oz shredded cheddar cheese
- Place chicken breasts in slow cooker. Pour buffalo sauce over chicken and set slow cooker to high for 3 hours.
- Fit a handheld mixer with regular beaters. On low speed, gently submerge the beaters into the slow cooker. The chicken breasts should shred fairly easily. If there are larger sections that are un-shredded, place the beaters over those pieces.
- Add cream cheese and shredded cheddar to the slow cooker. Continue mixing with beaters until well combined.
- Serve warm directly from your slow cooker by using the ‘warm’ setting, or transfer to another serving dish.
What I used to make this recipe:
(The two links above are affiliate links which means if you click over to Amazon and make a purchase using my link, I will earn a commission at no extra cost to you. Think of it as paying a commission to a friend who sent you a good referral! Thank you for supporting this site!)