These soft baked cookies are filled with M&Ms candies and are sure to fly off the plate. They are irresistibly fluffy and packed with chocolate!
Since it’s nearing cookie season (shouldn’t every season be cookie season?) I thought it was a perfect time to share my favorite cookie recipes. I’m going to dry my darnedest to put out some new cookie recipes in the weeks leading up to the holiday season. Consider this colorful batch the first of a new cookie installment!
Now, the base of this cookie dough isn’t anything new from me. I’ve been making a simple swap with my cookie doughs for awhile now to lower the amount of calories in the batch and to make them soft baked cookies. What’s my “secret”, you ask? Greek yogurt!
I hope you haven’t run for the hills by now. The cookies don’t taste like health food, I promise. Every once in awhile I’ll make a batch of chocolate chip cookies with my healthy ingredient swap and leave a plate of them on the table in our break room at work. They always disappear before lunchtime and nobody has a clue that there’s about 800 less calories in the batch because I swapped in some Greek yogurt. I personally think that they taste less sickeningly sweet like your typical cookie.
If you love soft baked cookies, this is a perfect recipe to bounce flavors and add-ins off of. I originally made these cookies many years ago and dubbed them the healthier chocolate chip cookie recipe. I also remade them for Valentine’s Day and got a little creative when I had a minor kitchen meltdown.
This time, I dressed up these soft baked cookies with M&Ms candies and a few rainbow sprinkles for good measure. You could fill these cookies with seasonal/holiday colored chocolate candies to make them an extra festive treat. The sky’s the limit!
What’s your favorite flavor cookie?
- 2¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup butter softened, 1 stick
- ¼ cup Greek yogurt
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups M&M chocolate candies
- 2 tablespoon rainbow sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, Greek yogurt and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl.
- Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in M&Ms candies.
- Chill dough for at least 30 minutes, or longer if possible.
- Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 36 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 138Unsaturated Fat: 0g
Looking for other delicious cookies?
Need to ship your cookies for the holidays? See how I keep my cookies fresh and unbroken when I ship them!