This post [How to Make Your Own Fancy Latte Stencil at Home] has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. This post was sponsored by Starbucks as part of an Influencer Activation. I received compensation and complimentary products to facilitate my review. #StarbucksCaffeLatte #MyStarbucksatHome #CollectiveBias
If you’ve been reading this blog for any amount of time, you might know that coffee is my rocket fuel. It’s how I accomplish all of my to-do lists, endless list of chores and miscellaneous writing projects without immediately falling prey to the allure of a good 3 hour long nap. Sometimes it happens, but I’ve been very good about staying properly caffeinated. 🙂
When I heard about the new Starbucks® Caffè Latte K-Cup® pods, I may have let out a yelp of excitement. Yes, this blog does have a post on how to make a caramel latte without an espresso machine, but it involves a few steps. These Starbucks® Caffè Latte K-Cup® pods are perfect for when you really don’t feel like doing all the work or all the dishes (P.S. this is all the time in our house.)
The best part about these Starbucks® Caffè Latte K-Cup® pods? How darn simple it is to make your own at home. You don’t even need to get out of your pajamas on the weekend because you can whip up your own tasty coffee drink from the comfort of your own home with your Keurig.
So I was sent a box of caramel along with one packet of vanilla and mocha, but I also picked up a pack of pumpkin spice because I just couldn’t help myself! I’m also really looking forward to trying the Peppermint Mocha seasonal flavor when it comes out.
Making this tasty drink goes down a little something like this:
1) pour flavor packet into your favorite mug.
2) brew the Starbucks® Caffe Blend K-Cup® in your Keurig and stir.
That’s it! It pretty much blew my mind. I also love that these lattes are made from milk and have no artificial flavors. A tasty latte at home is a perfect way to start off the weekend.
However, today we aren’t having just any regular latte. We’re going to dress up our lattes for a fancy celebratory occasion! To celebrate the launch of these new Starbucks® Caffè Latte K-Cup® pods, we’re going to be making our own latte stencils. If you’ve ever seen those fun patterns of sprinkled cinnamon or espresso powder and wondered how you could make your own at home - today’s your lucky day!
How to Make Your Own Latte Stencil
What you’ll need:
- a piece of thick paper or sheet of plastic
- Cutting mat or thick magazine as a cutting surface (optional)
- Xacto knife or scissors
- An awesome latte stencil printable, provided by yours truly
- Gather all of your materials and set up a clear workstation. If you have an exacto knife, align the paper or plastic that will become your latte stencil underneath the printable pattern. If you don’t have a cutting mat (can be found at most craft stores), a thick piece of cardboard will suffice as your base cutting surface. If you chose to use scissors, the cutting mat won’t be necessary.
- Cut along the black outlines, being careful with either your scissors or exacto knife. Once all outlines have been cut out, shake to remove any excess paper or plastic.
- Brew according to the package. For extra foaminess, we gave the latte a little whir with our milk frother.
- Place your latte stencil over top of the mug, being careful to not get the stencil wet with foam.
- Gently sprinkle espresso powder or cinnamon (depending on your tastes) over the stencil, allowing the pattern to come through onto the foam.
And there you have it - your own personal little latte art stencil for fancy lattes at home. Making your own adorable latte at home couldn’t be easier. Bonus points: when made with plastic, these stencils are easily washed and can double as cupcake or cake stencils to strategically apply sprinkles. Celebrations all around!
Click to download the ---> FREE PRINTABLE! If you try this tutorial, snap a photo and tag me on Instagram @citrusblossombliss, I'd love to see!
What flavor of Starbucks® Caffè Latte K-Cup® pods would you love to try? Let me know in the comments!
Have the caffeine fever? Check out my other favorite coffee recipes on the blog!
2016 Starbucks® Corporation. All rights reserved. Keurig, Keurig HOT, K-Cup and the K logo are trademarks of Keurig Green Mountain, Inc., used with permission.